ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

Calling all Home Brewers! Preston & Steve, along with Triumph Brewery, are looking for a great home-brewed Ale!  (No cheating now...)  All we need to know is the type of Ale you make, the IBU, malt, hops, and a few other things about you and your beer - so stop drooling and shoot an email to Homebrew@triumphbrew.com

http://www.wmmr.com/Contests/Register.aspx?ContestID=128452

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I gracefully withdraw my entry. Sorry Preston and Steve and Triumph, this contest is a mess.

It most certainly appears to be just that!  A mess.  FWIW - there's still a month left.  If you care (and you keg!) that's still enough time to brew something.  I brewed mine on Sunday (only because I was planning to make it for a Memorial Weekend BBQ anyway).  I figured I was a 'no go' for the contest because the Apr 29th deadline passed and I didn't hear anything about my entry being accepted.  Then I saw a thread on another forum re: all ~ 300 entries being accepted.  300 is still less than half the number of entries received for the bigger local contests like WOTW, Buzz Off, etc. - but those events have dozens of judges, stewards, organizers, etc and involve tons of planning. 

This bound to be a clusterfck, for sure.  It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up canceling the whole thing.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest and entry in the 1st Annual Preston
and Steve Homebrew Competition at Triumph Brewing Company.  It is
my pleasure to announce that we will be welcoming ALL persons who
applied for entry to the event to come have their beer entered
for consideration and be a part of the competition.  Please go to
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221342164558694
for details and to RSVP and complete the registration process.

We look forward to seeing you all here for the big event.

Sean H. Kelly
Triumph Brewing Company
117 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106

homebrew@triumphbrew.com

Anyone doin this?  I entered and got the same email.  Thought it might be worth a shot.  But, I'm also going to the Phils game that night, so if it runs long I may need a "rep" there.  Or not.  I'm torn b/c it does sound like it's turned into a CF.  Thoughts?

I think I'm out.  Just doesn't seem worth the effort.  I'm already going down the weekend before for Clone Brew Wars at City Tap House, and I'm not sure I'll feel like driving into the city again for this. 
They also seemed to change the rule its now only one entry per person, it was 3 from what i read in the fine print before they did the 180

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

JUN MEETING:

6/30/2020

TBD

---------------

JUL MEETING:

7/28/2020

TBD

---------------

AUG MEETING: