ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

Hey ALEiens,

At Wine Barley & Hops Homebrew Supply, we just recently had a customer phone in an order for ingredients for an ALL-GRAIN Recipe for a PLINEY THE ELDER Clone.  Man, there a lot of hops in this recipe!   We spent a good amount of our time weighing out and crushing all the grains and also weighing out all the hop additions and vacumn packaging them up in oxygen barrier bags and then the customer never showed up to pick up the ingredients.

Well, we want to move these ingredients out of here as soon as we can so we are going to let them go for a great price.  Below are a list of the ingredients.  The recipe is from the Brew Your Own "250 Classic Clone Recipes" magazine.................

12.2 Lbs of Briess American 2-Row Pale Malt

0.28 Lb of Crystal 40L Malt

.86 Lb of Carapils Dextrine Malt

1.0 Lb of Corn Sugar

1.5 oz Chinook Whole Leaf Hops (19.5 AAU)

2.6 oz Warrior Pellet Hops (42.9 AAU)

0.5 oz Chinook Pellet Hops (6.1 AAU)

1 oz Simcoe Pellet Hops (12.2 AAU)

1.02 oz Columbus Pellet Hops (14.3 AAU)

2.36 oz Centennial Pellet Hops (20.5 AAU)

1.0 oz Simcoe Pellet Hops (12.2 AAU)

3.25 oz Columbus Pellet Hops (DRY HOP)

1.75 oz Centennial Pellet Hops (DRY HOP)

1.75 oz Simcoe Pellet Hops (DRY HOP)

The FULL PRICE of these ingredients would be $69.64   We are offering these ingredients to any ALEiens Club Member at a discounted price of $55.00   That's just a hair over 20% OFF regular price.   This price does not include any yeast.  Buyer has to purchase all of the ingredients listed above, we will not break up the recipe.  ALSO, discount coupons for our shop cannot be used when purchasing this deal.

FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED.   These ingredients will probably go fast, so don't hesitate if you are interested.  You all know how great the commercial Pliney The Elder is, now you can make your own.

Take care,

Paul

Wine Barley & Hops Homebrew Supply

(215) 322-4780

info@winebarleyandhops.com

Views: 372

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you mention packing the ingredients. do you sell Mylar bags and oxygen absorbers?

Hi Andrew,  I could sell you Oxygen Barrier Mylar bags but you would have to purchase a package of 100.  If you are interested, let me know and I'll supply you with pricing.   Not sure what you mean by oxygen absorbers but I'm sure I don't have any of them.

Paul

Paul,

Yes, I'm interested in your pricing for the mylar bags. Do you know what mil thickness bags you have there?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I'm answering you from home right now but will reply back to you tomorrow with pricing on the 100 count bags.  They come in 2 sizes.....  4 in. x 6 in.  and 6 in. x 9 in.

I don't know the mil thickness of the bags but if you stopped by the shop I could show you them.

Thanks

Paul

Will do sometime this weekend. Though both those sizes are rather small for my needs. I'm repacking bulk supplies, rice, flour, etc.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Here are the prices of the Oxygen Barrier Mylar Bags:

(100) 4 x 6 inch bags.......... $17.95

(100) 6 x 9 inch bags.......... $28.95

They are the only size we carry since we only use them for pellet hops and whole hops.

Paul

Hey Paul-

Did anyone lay claim to the Pliney Clone?

Hi Craig,

Yes, it's still available.  I'm going to e-mail my full customer base in a day or two with the same offer but I offered it up to the ALEiens members first.  Are you interested in it?

Paul

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

DEC MEETING:

12/18/2018

Holiday Beer Swap

---------------

JAN MEETING:

1/29/2019

Iron Brewer Rd 1 Judging

---------------