ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

Hey gentlemen (and ladies)-

I'm in search of a person who can weld, and can make a keg into a keggle.  I have the kegs and the parts needed, but I lack the know how and welding equipment.  Please let me know if you can or know someone who can do this.  Of course there will be payment for services.  Thanks ALEiens.  

Craig 

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used these guys and was very happy with the result

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Elonis.Welding.215-736-0646

That's great.  They are only a few miles away from me too.  Do you remember what they charged you? And what hey did?  Thanks Eivind

I had three 1/2" fittings attached to holes (which I drilled myself), welded with whatever kind of technique/material that is safer for "beverages and food"

Paid $125 or so, I think.  Not the cheapest around, I suspect, but they were close, fast, and good!

is this the cheapest way to upgrade to a larger setup to do all grain batches in the 10 gal range?

I don't think so - if you have two smaller kettles, you can still mash in a 10-15gal cooler and then divvy up the wort in two kettles.  But it's more awesome this way...   :)

yeah I'd rather do it w/ one kettle.  I've already settled on making my mash tun from a bigger cooler rather than buying the 5gal pre-assembled jobs. 

Actually my dad is a pipe fitter and may be able to do the welding for me.  Just have to get the keg .

I plan on getting it all together once I re-organize my garage so I have a neat space to store all my gear 

Baby steps.

I'll be happy to give you a keg if you can get your dad to agree to weld mine also.
Do you still have kegs?  I'll buy one off of you, have my dad do his work to it.  Then if you like his work i can ask him to do one for you. 
Sorry Tom. I upgraded my system and unloaded all of my old stuff.  If you want one, I can try to get one from the bar I work at, but it might cost the price of a deposit.  Would you like me to ask?
well if it costs a deposit maybe I'll just buy a keg and empty it myself.  Or with some help.  That's more fun

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

MAR MEETING:

CANCELLED!!!

---------------

APR MEETING:

3/31/2020

IRON BREWER X RD. 2

Hands on Beer Judging

---------------

MAY MEETING: