ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

I know the beer is still a little green, but I tapped my big brew Hefe last night. I had separated my 10 gallons into a Temp Controlled vs Room Temp experiment. I had the temp controlled one last night. It was pretty smooth and lightly spiced. Can't wait to do a side by side comparison.

Has anyone else tasted theirs? or am I the impatient one. :)

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just bottled it last night. I've got a least a week untill it'll be ready to try. I did take a little taste from the hydrometer test jar though, and it wasn't bad. Kinda light and on the citrusy side, and yeah a little spicy. Not bad at all, I liked it. Can't wait for it to carb.
I just moved mine over to secondary yesterday. It smelled good.
Just bottled Monday, came out at 6.1%!! Kinds high, but I don't mind. Ours was sweeter with not a lot of citrus, kinda confused but still super yummy!
Carbonation will change the flavor.

From the BJCP

Flavor
Low to moderately strong banana and clove flavor. The balance and intensity of the phenol and ester components can vary but the best examples are reasonably balanced and fairly prominent. Optionally, a very light to moderate vanilla character and/or low bubblegum notes can accentuate the banana flavor, sweetness and roundness; neither should be dominant if present. The soft, somewhat bready or grainy flavor of wheat is complementary, as is a slightly sweet Pils malt character. Hop flavor is very low to none, and hop bitterness is very low to moderately low. A tart, citrusy character from yeast and high carbonation is often present. Well rounded, flavorful palate with a relatively dry finish. No diacetyl or DMS.
Bottled mine Sunday. Did`nt tast it, I`ll wait until the meeting. ABV 5.3, IBU 11.

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

MAR MEETING:

CANCELLED!!!

---------------

APR MEETING:

3/31/2020

IRON BREWER X RD. 2

Hands on Beer Judging

---------------

MAY MEETING: