ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

ECY01          BugFarm:  A large complex blend of cultures to emulate sour beers such as lambic style ales. Over time displays a citrus sourness and large barnyard profile. Contains yeast (S. cerevisiae and S. fermentati), several Brettanomyces strains, Lactobacillus and Pediococcus. The BugFarm blend changes every year and can be added at any stage of fermentation.

ECY10 Old Newark Ale:  Sourced from a now defunct east coast brewery, this pure strain was identified as their ale pitching yeast. Good for all styles of American and English ales.  Suggested fermentation temp: 60-68°F.   Apparent attenuation : 68-72%  

ECY07          Scottish Heavy: Leaves a fruity profile with woody, oak esters reminiscent of malt whiskey. Well suited for 90/shilling or heavier ales including old ales and barleywines due to level of attenuation (77-80%). Suggested fermentation temp: 60-68°F.   

ECY08          Saison Brasserie blend : A combination of several Saison yeasts for both fruity and spicy characteristics accompianied with dryness.  Apparent attenuation: up to 80%. Suggested fermentation temp: 75-85° F.

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BTW, got the info from Joe @ PHB.  Can't wait to try some of these strains!

Does anyone have experience with either one?
The pale ale I just made I used their Newark Ale yeast, I am excited for it!

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

MAR MEETING:

CANCELLED!!!

---------------

APR MEETING:

3/31/2020

IRON BREWER X RD. 2

Hands on Beer Judging

---------------

MAY MEETING: