ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

I was just looking back at some of my ProMash sessions and decided to add up all my batches for 2009...

I brewed 14 times...

8 x 12 gallon batches
6 x 6 gallons batches

For a total of 132 gallons. (I'm guessing roughly 110 of which ended up making it into kegs.)

Hoping to at least match that in 2010!

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All told, I brewed and/or co-brewed (teaching others, sharing batches, spreading the joy)

17 x 5 gallons
7 x 10 gallons

155 gallons or so? But, I didn't get to keep anywhere near all of it myself..!

I'm pretty happy with both quantities and qualities, being a first-year brewer. :)
Eivind, you're a mad man!!! That's awesome. I only did two 5 gallon batches my first year. I did co-brew a few times last year. I should have had 95 gallons to drink but I don't know where it all went. I certainly don't remember drinking it all! ;-)
Yes! A great hobby! I know I've brewed more just because of the club. I only brewed about 35 gallons in 2008.
I brewed 14 times this year.

12 - 5 gallon
2 - 10 gallon

There was a 3 month span I didn't brew though. I started off 2009 strong, then faded. 2010 is going well though. Brewing my 3rd this weekend. :)

I still have 2 brews from last year that I haven't even tasted yet. 10 Gallons of Dubbel and 2.5 gallons of Belgain Triple IPA with Oak and Brett B. The Triple is in the keg now, just waiting to carb it up. can't wait to break that open.
Yeah, I've got some supply that I haven't tapped yet either.

Here's what I don't get... Why did my beer fridge always seem empty this past year? I was always running to the store and picking up a couple of cases. I definitely purchased more commercial beer this past year than I ever have before. WTF?!
Here's a simple formula that I suspect may shed light on the question:

W:= Buying beer + Brewing beer

T:= Consume(W, NeedMore(W))

F:= KeepForgettingThatYouDid(T, EvenMoreConsume(W))

In other words, W+T+F is your problem in completeness, work backwards from there.

(Yes, I'm a geek)
Eureka!

Finally someone puts it in a language that I can understand. Totally makes sense now!!!
I can also add the CF tags for complete nerdydity :) (Although I'd have to dig up my CF4.0 book...)
I brewrd 16 times for about 135 gallons. Shared a lot of that. Still have 7 carboys filled, 2 are ready to bottle. 5x5 gallons 11x10gallons Brewing a 10 gallon batch Sunday.
I ended up brewing 90.5 gallons myself and I taught a friend to do it at his house, so there's an extra 5 gallons there. That brings me to a grand total of 95.5 gallons of beer in 16 batches of beer.
Eeek, I just went through my brew log, and it looks like 23 brews in 2009, 5 gallons at a shot. Didn't seem like that much at the time. Also explains the extra girth I started they year with.

Of course, we're not even through Jan yet and I'm starting number 4 tomorrow...
Hmm, I brewed 13 batches -- 5 gallons each. So...65 gallons total last year. But 3 down so far in January!

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

APR MEETING:

4/28/2020

TBD

---------------

MAY MEETING:

5/26/2020

TBD

---------------

JUN MEETING: