ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

Wine Barley & Hops Homebrew supply is now taking orders for HOP RHIZOMES, (root cuttings of the mature female hop plant).  Price per Rhizome is $4.95 and must be paid at the time you place your order.  We do not order extra rhizomes, only the amount for which we have pre-paid orders.  If you are interested, you can come to the shop and place your order and pay with cash, check or credit card.  Optionally, you can give us a phone call with your order and we can take payment via a credit card over the phone.  DO NOT e-mail us your credit card info.

Below are the varieties we will be taking orders for:

Cascade: 4.5-7.0% alpha. Grows well in all climates. Susceptible to aphid.

Centennial: 9.5-11.5% alpha. Grows well in all climates. Susceptible to downy mildew.

Chinook: 11.0-13.0% alpha. Grows well in dry, hot climates. Does not grow well in moist climates. Subject to spider mite. Great ornamental hop

Columbus: 14.5-15.5% alpha. Grows well in dry hot climates. Vigorous but susceptible to mildew diseases.

Fuggle: 4.0-5.5% alpha. Grows well in damp climates, suffers a little in hot climates.

Glacier: 5.0-6.0% alpha. Grows well in all climates.

Golding: 4.0-5.0% alpha. Grows well in mild, moist climates, does ok in hot climates.

Hallertau: 3.5-5.5% alpha. Grows well in mild, moist climates, suffers a little in dry hot climates.

Horizon: 12.0-13.5% alpha. Grows well in all climates.

Nugget: 12.0-14.0% alpha. Grows well in all climates.

Tettnang: 4.0-5.0% alpha. Grows well in a moderate climate, suffers a little in hot climates.

Willamette: 4.0-6.0% alpha. Grows well in all climates.

ALSO, attached is a very interesting article on growing hops in your backyard.

Thanks

Paul Romanowsky

Wine Barley & Hops Homebrew

Views: 25

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I already have 4 varieties planted, but am thinking about growing them gorilla style in some local parks. This way I can go and pick them in the wild.
Now there is an idea! Watch out though, I believe deer like hops.
Perhaps that'll keep them out of my yard. Go Jeff!
You could plant a bunch of hops in a circle and then plant something 'else' in the middle.......no one will ever know!

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

JUN MEETING:

6/30/2020

TBD

---------------

JUL MEETING:

7/28/2020

TBD

---------------

AUG MEETING: