ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

So this weekend I will be trimming back some of my roots from my hop garden. I will definitely have some budding rhizomes to give away if anyone would like them. If not, they will just be thrown out. I will have 2 kinds.  Centennial and Nugget. Both of them are in their 3rd year and are already going nuts. They both have been doing very well and are vigorous climbers in this climate.

If you interested, just reply to this thread and I will make sure I put some out for you. I may have some that are already grown out of the ground and have some leaves. I used this method last year with a friend and they are doing very well. 

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

btw, this is what I am dealing with now. These plants what you to make beer with them!

I could use some Centennial out at the new house!
Your in luck because that's the one going the most crazy. in the photo, that is the second box. See how it is growing out of the box. Did you settle on the house? If not, I can place these in some planters for you for when you move.
Sweet! Yeah we closed on Good Friday... Had the basement ripped out Saturday and moved in Monday. Still lots to do but I'm getting closer to brewing again!
Steve's about to lose the brewstand. haha.
Hey,
Jeff I will take some of those Rhizomes off your hands. Let me know!!!!!
sounds good. I will let you know when they a cut. You want both types?
Yes I do!!! Are you cutting this weekend , Saturday the 10th. I can come over and get them out of your way.
I am cutting them Saturday afternoon. I need to mow the lawn and stuff like that in the morning. I am then running my lines and cutting back the roots.
Hey Jeff my phone number is 215-990-7881. Saturday morning I'm helping someone tear down there above ground pool to make room for a new one. Should be free later.
You got it. I will email everyone this weekend. i am thinking I will have them sometime Saturday afternoon for Sat night or Sunday pick up (if in the area). I will be working outside all weekend, at least it will be Spring outside. 65F and sunny all weekend. Nice
Thanks Jeff. I'd like to grab one of each. I called Paul too late to order this year with him. Sorry Paul.

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

APR MEETING:

4/28/2020

TBD

---------------

MAY MEETING:

5/26/2020

TBD

---------------

JUN MEETING: