We have some strains of White Labs liquid yeast that has just recently met it's BEST BEFORE DATE (note: this IS NOT an experation date). This yeast is still very viable and best of all it's availabe at the discounted price of $3.95 per tube to ALEien members.
Here is what is available along with the best before dates:
(1) Australian Ale WLP009 (Platinum Series) BBD: 5-18-09
(1) European Ale WLP011 BBD: 5-18-09
(2) Burton Ale WLP023 BBD: 5-19-09
(1) Super High Gravity WLP099 BBD:5-18-09
(1) Belgian Saison WLP565 BBD: 5-14-09
(1) Belgian Saison Blend WLP568 BBD: 5-18-09
(2) Belgian Golden Ale WLP570 BBD: 5-18-09
(1) Belgian Style Ale Blend WLP575 BBD: 5-30-09
(1) Oktoberfest Lager WLP820 BBD: 5-30-09
(1) Cry Havoc WLP862 BBD: 5-18-09
The "Cry Havoc" strain is Charlie Papazian's own personal yeast strain. This yeast strain can be used for both Ales and Lagers and all of the recipes in Charlie's "Joy of Homebrewing" were originally brewed with this yeast. I've attached an audio file (.mp3) of Dr. Chris White telling the story of the "Cry Havoc" yeast. Give a listen, very interesting.
Wine Barely & Hops Homebrew Supply