ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

i just want to state for the record how much i truly hate bottling... so here it goes " I TRULY HATE BOTTLING" i spent a hour and a half cleaning out bottles the other day and i hated every moment of it... i cant wait for the day when i can recycle every last one of those 12 0z. nightmares... thanks for letting me vent :)

Dan W

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Search Craigslist for a Keggerator.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/hsh/1003768626.html
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/for/983690697.html
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/hsh/976300294.html

One keg is so much easier to clean and store than 2 cases of bottles.
trust me im not the one who needs to be sold...my wife has a different opinion than i do on this matter :)
So this is the attack.

Keep collecting bottles until they take over the house. When you bottle take is slow and bitch the whole time about how "if I kegged, this would be so easy". When she complains about "all the bottles all over the house", explain that if I kegged it would take up much less room. And finally, explain that one tap on the keggerator will be a fruit or honey beer just for her and her friends.

I think that's how I did it. Less time bottling more time with her. She agreed. But now that I keg, I brew more. Which in the end, means less time with her.
great plan i have already over taken my house with bottles so some aspects of your plan are in motion already but i love the fruit or honey tap for her that will defiantly be the next step in my continuing battle
Jeff you are really bad! :)

We now do 10 - 12 gallon batches, so bottling is twice as much fun as before. One entire wall of my basement is bottles. (Sorry to say only a tenth of them are full)

Four things that make bottling go much easier.
Kegging is really the way to go, storage is much easier, the only drawbacks are it is harder to give your homebrew away (unless you have something like the beer gun). If you have multiple beers in stock, you are somewhat limited by the number of faucets you have. We currently have 6 of our beers (at least) here and that doesn't take into account the commercial stuff we have. So I guess I would say do some of both, having kegs will make bottling and storage much easier and much more productive.

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

JAN MEETING:

1/28/2019

Fields of Gold

Hot Side Brewing

---------------

FEB MEETING:

2/25/2020

ALEien Origins

AHA Overview