ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

So here is an idea for a new ALEiens competition that could take place over several months. The ALEiens Iron Brewer Competition would be set-up bracket style and people would be paired off in the brackets. Each person would pick a mystery ingredient and they would be brewing against one other person who also picked that mystery ingredient.

They would have a month to brew and package that beer to be presented at the next month's meeting. The beers would be served blind and everyone would vote for which beer they thought would be a better beer that showcases that mystery ingredient.

Then all the winners would advance to the next round of the brackets and everyone draws new mystery ingredients. Then this process goes on until there is only one.......the highlander, I mean Iron Brewer.

Obviously, a few details would need to be ironed out (no pun intended) such as how many people would be participating in this and all the different ingredients to choose from. But, I think this could be pretty fun.

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I was thinking that at this month's meeting, everyone can come together and we can 'iron' out the rules for this competition and start to get the ball rolling.
Sounds awesome.

I would love to try a Swedish Fish Beer, but I ain't making 5 gallons of it. :)

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

APR MEETING:

4/28/2020

TBD

---------------

MAY MEETING:

5/26/2020

TBD

---------------

JUN MEETING: