As we announced at the July ALEiens monthly meeting, Wine Barley & Hops is sponsering an ALEiens CLUB ONLY Homebrew Cometition. Four different beer styles where offered up to those present at the meeting to vote on as to which style we will use in this competition. The majority ruled and "OATMEAL STOUT", (BJCP Style 13C) was the style chosen.
Info and rules were originally posted to this site on July 29th. Please disregard what was stated in that posting since we have made a few rule changes and also have more prize money added to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes. This prize money is being donated from the ALEiens T-Shirt Fund.
Wine Barley & Hops will be donating ( 3 ) prizes for the 1ST, 2ND & 3RD place winners:
FIRST PRIZE...................$100 Gift Certificate
SECOND PRIZE..............$75 Gift Certificate
THIRD PRIZE.................$50 Gift Certificate
In addition to this, the ALEiens T-Shirt Fund is donating the following:
FIRST PRIZE...................$100 CASH
SECOND PRIZE..............$65 CASH
THIRD PRIZE.................$35 CASH
Right off the bat you can see that this is one contest you want to enter and better yet, WIN! WOW, $200 to the First Prize Winner right off the bat. How can you not want to get brewing and enter this contest.
Wait, there's more:
Wine Barley & Hops with assistance of some of our Head ALEiens (Jeff & Steve) will also be contacting our suppliers and other beer related industries for prize donations that will also be added to the 1ST, 2ND & 3RD prize bundles. Jeff at the "Hulmeville Inn" has already promised ( 2 ) Gift Certificates and YARDS Brewery has promised a donation of a case of beer, and that's just a start. This promises to be one great contest to win and it's only open to ALEien Club Members!!!!!!!! Get that brew kettle fired up!
Here are the rules:
1. Only “Oatmeal Stout” style homebrewed beer accepted as entries for judging in this contest. Entries will be judged to BJCP Style “13C” guidelines.
2. You must be a member of the ALEiens Homebrew Club to enter this contest. You must be officially registered as a member on the ALEiens website to enter. Your membership will be validated when you come to pick up your entry form.
3. Official ENTRY FORMS must be used. These are only available at Wine Barley & Hops. Brewers entering the contest must pick up their entry form in-person at Wine Barley & Hops Homebrew Supply in Feasterville, PA. Copies of these forms will not be accepted.
4. Only ( 1 ) entry per ALEien Club Member allowed.
5. Two ( 2 ) bottles are required per entry.
6. Bottles may be any color, up to 16 oz.
7. Grolsch – style (swing top) bottles will not be accepted.
8. All bottles must be unmarked and unlabeled – entry labels must be attached with rubber bands ONLY ! (the entry labels will come with the entry form)
9. Any identifying marks may render the entry ineligible.
10. Entries must be dropped off in-person by the brewer entering the contest.
Entry DROP-OFF LOCATION is: Wine Barley & Hops Homebrew Supply, 248 Bustleton Pike, Feasterville, PA 19053 (215) 322-4780
11. Entries cannot be mailed or shipped to drop-off location. All entries mailed or shipped to drop-off location will be disqualified and not be returned.
12. Entries cannot be dropped off at monthly ALEiens Club meetings.
13. There is NO ENTRY FEE to enter this contest.
14. Judging of entries will take place during the weekend of October 23 thru October 25, 2009.
15. At the ALEiens October 27, 2009 monthly meeting, the 1ST, 2ND & 3RD Place Winners will be announced, prizes will be distributed and the judges score sheets will be returned to all who entered.
16. Recipes of the 1ST, 2ND & 3RD Place Winners will be posted on the ALEiens website.
Good Luck to all brewers!
Attached is a file listing the BJCP Guidelines for OATMEAL STOUT (style #13C)
We hope a lot of ALEiens enter the competition.
Wine Barley & Hops Homebrew Supply
248 Bustleton Pike
Feasterville, PA 19053