ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

2012 IRON BREWER

Steve Brescia

Congratulations to Steve and

CHEERS to everyone who participated

in our third year of competitive brewing!

Please share your ideas at the December meeting

for the 2013 competition.

Views: 1697

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Team Lewis should be 2 members now - Jeff Lewis, and myself.  We forgot to let you know that I joined the team.  

You got it!

Next ALEiens meeting is on Tuesday, April 24 at 7:30pm.

This meeting will consist of GROUP judging of the Iron Brewer entries.  Even if you did NOT participate in the Iron Brewer, we still need your help in judging the beers. Come on out to this beer-centric meeting to help us judge and drink; drink and judge; talk and drink; you get the point.  We hope that judging these beers as a group will not only allow all of us to taste your great brews, but to gain experience in judging.  The meeting will be abuzz with friendly banter, style guidelines, and great feedback.  The winners of Round 1 will be announced after the score sheets are tallied up.  Those moving on will then pick Round 2 brews.  

Iron Brewer Contestants - Ready?

For Tuesday's meeting:

-Please bring a six pack

-Each bottle should have an ALEiens Label rubber banded (or lightly tapped) to it.  No glue or sticky stuff.  The label requires your TEAM and the BEER STYLE.  See the list below incase you forget what you brewed :)

-No other bottle markings

-JUDGING will be according to (attached) BJCP score sheets

GOOD LUCK!

Attachments:

Hey Johnny Can you Add Jim Grace to Team #19 . TY

Thanks to all the teams for last evenings great tasting and good luck to those teams advancing to Round 2!

Cheers! 

Hello,

When are the round 2 entries due please?

-Thanks.

I believe the entries are due at the meeting in July, which would be the 31st, I think.  I'll have to turn mine in ahead of time since I won't be at the meeting, unfortunately.

No problem Eivind - just let me know when you want to drop-off, and I can take them.

Finalists & final round are updated!

Can someone help me out here.  I have been unable to attend the last couple meetings, and am having a hard time reaching Natalie - I don't blame her, I know she is probably very busy.  Have there been any changes made to the Iron Brewer drop off dates?  Also, who will be doing the judging and where/when will this happen?

Thanks,

Neil

Hi Neil,

The only update I have (while Natalie is at the GABF) is the same as the top of this thread:

IRON BREWER FINAL ROUND
SMOKED BELGIAN DUBBEL
THE FINALISTS ARE:
* Mike Rempfer
* Steve Brescia
* Team Lewis & Gokhale

Winners to be Announced at the OCTOBER 30th MEETING

JUDGING WILL TAKE PLACE PRIOR TO THE OCTOBER MEETING!  PLEASE PLAN TO HAVE YOUR BREWS READY AND BOTTLED AND AVAILABLE FOR DROP-OFF OCTOBER 18th & 19th.  Drop-off at Hulmeville Inn

John,

Should we try to give the bottles to anyone specific? 

Thanks-

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

SEPT MEETING:

9/25/2019

OKTOBERFEST!

---------------

OCT MEETING:

10/29/2019

---------------

NOV MEETING: