ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

Online Registration for the 2009 National Homebrew Competition (NHC...

The entry window for the First Round of the 2009 National Homebrew Competition is Wednesday, March 25 through 5:00 pm Wednesday, April 8, 2009. See Entry Information for all the details necessary for entering the competition.

First Round judging will be held April 10-26, 2009 at the 10 regional sites. Final Round judging takes place on June 18, 2009 during the AHA National Homebrewers Conference in Oakland, CA.

On-line entry and on-line payment only this year

Entry limit established for U.S. Regions

New Gambrinus Club Award for 2009 competition to be presented in addition to the Homebrew Club of the Year

Views: 46

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks! I wasn't going to even put it in since it was only a few days in the bottle and I hadn't tasted it yet! Congrats to David Covey and Robert Wright!

http://www.beertown.org/events/nhc/first_round_northeast.html
Thanks for the congrats. And congrats to Dan Noon and Bob Wright.
I just got my scoresheets in the mail, both of my entries did ok. The irish red I put in scored a 31.5, and the braggot got a unanimous 46 from the judges.
ha...46 is more than "ok"... :)
Thanks for the post on the competition. I hadn't heard anyything from them yet. Very cool. This is the first time something I entered advanced. Maybe I will get my scores when I get home on Sunday.

Congrats to all.

Bob
My red ale scored a 40! The other beer I entered, a Robust Porter...is unknown... I didn't get a sheet mailed back to me. Hmmm.
Congrats on your score Dan. I'm suprised you didn't get the other scoresheet in the same envelope. Both of mine were mailed together.
I wrote the competition director and she said it was likely stapled to another brewer's sheet. They should be able to track it down.
I just received my score sheets last night. My IPA that placed third scored a 46. Holy SH%* there must have been some really awesome beers in the category for that score to place third !! It's my highest score ever in a competition... Now, all I care about is beating Jamil in the second round.

The scores for my other beers?? Not quite so good...
Congrats on the 46 Bob. I'm wondering if all three of you guys who placed in the IPA cat got a 46. The website said that 46 was the highest score in that category.
It's very possible that Bob placed 3rd with the highest score. With so many entries, there would have been a Mini Best of Show. The scores go out the window at that point... i.e., it's possible for a beer that originally scored say a 42 to beat a beer that scored a 46.
Good to know. I'm obviously a newb when it comes to competing. Thanks for the info.

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

APR MEETING:

4/28/2020

TBD

---------------

MAY MEETING:

5/26/2020

TBD

---------------

JUN MEETING: