ALEiens Homebrew Club

Spreading the Joys of Home Brewing Throughout Philadelphia and the Universe!

Online Registration for the 2009 National Homebrew Competition (NHC...

The entry window for the First Round of the 2009 National Homebrew Competition is Wednesday, March 25 through 5:00 pm Wednesday, April 8, 2009. See Entry Information for all the details necessary for entering the competition.

First Round judging will be held April 10-26, 2009 at the 10 regional sites. Final Round judging takes place on June 18, 2009 during the AHA National Homebrewers Conference in Oakland, CA.

On-line entry and on-line payment only this year

Entry limit established for U.S. Regions

New Gambrinus Club Award for 2009 competition to be presented in addition to the Homebrew Club of the Year

Views: 48

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've have two entries that have been registered. An Irish red ale, and a braggot. Now I'm just waiting until the 25th so I can drop them off. This is the first competition that I've entered, so I'm looking foward to it, and to what the judges have to say.
This is the biggest and badest, so enjoy. I will be sending a couple in too.

Make sure you have extra's. If you make it to the next round, I believe you need to send in about 4 beers. I never made it that far, so I can't say.
You need to send in 3 additonal bottles if you make it to the finals. I don't think that I'm gonna make it that far myself, but it's worth a shot. I'm kinda proud of the braggot.

I'm really more interested in what the judges have to say. I want to try and improve on my brewing in general, and I feel that the info that the judges provide will be invaluable.
Hey all,

Brother Wheels and I were in Philly yesterday (at Yards) for the AHA regionals. I judged on the American Ales in the morning and the Specialty Ales in the afternoon. Brother Wheels was a member of the Stewarding Staff, which they did an awesome job helping out all the judges.

A great competion and some really good beer was presented. If you had entries I believe they will be contacting the winners this week for sure, and all results and review sheets should be mailed shortly. Good luck, I hope we have a bunch going on to Oakland!
At least two of us have placed. I took 1st place with my braggot. Not bad for my first comp.
3 of us have place, sorry.
Yeah, Bob Wright took 3rd in the IPA category... Awesome!
Not bad at all!!! Congrats!
Sweet. Congrats. Who were the 2 others that placed.
I got 2nd in the Scottish/Irish Ale category for my Irish Red. Take a look at the West...Jamil won every other award...jeez. Well he's met his match! ;)
Nice Dan!
Congrats!

RSS

UPCOMING MEETINGS

---------------

JUN MEETING:

6/30/2020

TBD

---------------

JUL MEETING:

7/28/2020

TBD