If you want in on the potential glory of being the Philly Beer Geek 2011. The Grey Lodge is hosting the first qualifiying round of the year - join us on Tue 04/12 at 8pm on the 2nd floor. We have four or so rounds that will test your beer knowledge and passion. more details.
Tue, April 12, 8pm – 10pm
The Grey Lodge Pub, 2nd Floor
The purpose of the Annual Philly Beer Geek Competition is to identify, exalt, and honor Philadelphia beer and the people who craft, celebrate, and consume it with enthusiasm and pride. To this end, we will select and reward, as Philly Beer Geek 2011, the individual who exhibits the greatest universal knowledge and passion for Philadelphia Beer.
How to Win the Philly Beer Geek 2011 Title
* Win a Qualifying Round at a Sponsoring Beer, Brewpub, or Restaurant (like the Grey Lodge)
* Win one of 6 spots at the Philly Beer Geek Semi-Finals 2011 Competition
* Win the Philly Beer Geek 2011 Finals Competition
* Enjoy the GLORY!
* Contestants must be 21 years of age or older to participate.
* Contestants must win a Qualifying Preliminary Round at a sponsoring Beer Bar, Brewpub or Restaurant in order to be eligible for the Semi-Finals Competition.
* At the Semi-Finals, 6 contestants will be chosen to compete in the Finals to win.
* Sponsors and organizers of Philly Beer Week or of the Philly Beer Geek Finals Competition
* Principal owners and head brewers at breweries, brewpubs or restaurants
* Principal owners at licensed beer retail outlets
* Principal owners of beer importer companies
* Principal owners of homebrew supply stores
* Principal owners of beer distributorships